HEAVY DUTY FLAT AIR BEARINGS – HRA series
Flat air bearings for heavy duty applications HRA series (High Resistance Aluminum) are a midway solution between the standard high precision flat air bearing (see MAGER’s HP series) and the lifting air bag systems used for carrying heavy loads.
HRA series is the perfect choice when it is important to overcome the resistance to movement in applications where environmental conditions are tougher than those of a typical metrological application in a laboratory and, at the same time, the stiffness of the support must be kept with air gap range between 15 µm and 40µm.
What do we mean by “tougher conditions”?
- relatively high errors on sliding guides (flatness, straightness, roughness, etc.)
- presence of pollutants as dusts and scraps, oils and greases, process and protection gases
- high temperatures
HRA series is equipped with integrated air gap sensor nozzles
The HRA air bearings series are available:
with two methods of interfacing:
- with stationary assembly
- with mounting kit (P-KIT)
with two kinds of coatings for the aerostatic surface:
- standard coating with hard anodize coating
- coating with anti-seizure material
- with or without wipers (R-KIT) perfect for keeping guideways clean of dust, oil, etc.