Mager full designs high performing voice coil linear motors of VC series.
But what is a voice coil?
It is a brushless linear motor, the name comes from one of its historical first application: vibrating the paper cone of a loudspeaker.
It consists of a permanent magnetic field assembly (permanent magnets and ferrous steel) and a coil assembly. The current flowing through the coil assembly interacts with the permanent magnetic field and generates a force vector perpendicular to the direction of the current. The force vector can be reversed by changing the polarity of current flowing through the coil.
A linear voice coil actuator is ideal for short strokes closed loop servo applications. Its compact size allows it to fit into small spaces. It has very low electrical and mechanical time constants. The low moving mass allows for high accelerations of light payloads.
The result is a much simpler and more reliable system.
The strenght point is: the voice coil is equipped with a specific drive which, if properly driven, is able to develop a controlled net force while it is chasing a real-time profile movement, without using a force feedback (load cell).
Coupling the actuators with an air bearing system, position feedback device, linear servo amplifier and motion controller yields a system that is capable of handle position, velocity, and acceleration control.
Mager develops high performing voice coil actuators and selects the best supplier of raw material; we get the best results in terms of:
- Best force-load ratio
- Best force output-dimensions ratio
- Temperature sensor embedded so as to avoid overheating of the system
- Availability to couple voice coil with air bearing or roller bearing systems
- Customized versions with a wide range of loads and strokes
- Turnkey drives available on request
They are the best solution for:
- Hight dynamics contact probes in ELECTRONICS&SEMICONDUCTOR
- Dynamics actuator for heavy duty in PRODUCTION AND PACKAGING IN FAST MOVING GOODS APPLICATIONS
- Linear actuator which needs a controlled net force in high dynamics conditions in ELECTRONICS&SEMICONDUCTOR